We have moved to Europe, your first taste of international life! You are crawling around destroying everything now. Here are ten things about a ten month old Coby:
1. Your favourite toys are sticks, cars and magazines. You are so cute playing with sticks, it’s very obvious you are using your imagination already with the noises you make (and the silly faces too!). Cars you will play with large life sized ones (both staring in awe when they pass by and climbing all over examining if they are parked) and toy ones. You crawl around pushing the little toy beside you. Adorable. Magazines you tear up and eat…
2. Carrying you on my back and having you play with my necklace all the time. Oh, and pulling all those sensitive hairs at my nape. I love feeling your belly breathing in and out all the time and hearing you randomly talking to yourself back there.
3. Your compassion coming through. When you hear another child crying or see someone else get hurt you immediately crawl to me quickly and hold on tightly like you understand what’s happening.
4. The way you crawl over to me and open your mouth like a baby bird when you see me eating. I hand you my fork with a bit on it and you take a small bite and chew, just right there, with a contemplating look on your slightly dirty face. Sometimes the second you get something in your mouth you pop it right out, even if you actually like the food. That never happens with paper or dirt, by the way…
5. Riding our bicycle together and feeling the wind in our hair. You sit right up front with me so I can kiss your head all the time when we are riding. When we go under bridges you shout so you can hear the echo. It could be pretty embarrassing but I’ve decided to consider it cute.
6. Your crawling all over my head in the mornings. Your slightly sticky fingers (from who knows what) getting caught in my hair and pulling it all over the place as you scramble to get to the more interesting thing on the other side of the bed. I may or may not be bald in the next month or two. You’re lucky I think you are so cool.
7. Your dinosaur and old man noises. You could easy have made the sound effects for Jurassic Park had you been born two decades earlier. It’s pretty constant, but it gets intense when you’re off playing by yourself. I wonder what you are thinking. And the tilt-your-head-all-the-way-back-and-silently-laugh laugh is just too much. It’s kinda breathy and you sound like an old man. It’s quite possibly the funniest thing you do.
8. Sleepy coby who likes to snuggle and wakes up if I dare to move. If I slowly scoot away you quickly scoot closer and bury your head closer to my body. I get sleepy too when we are so close together, even if it’s daytime… but I really love these moments. Then when I finally get sly enough to keep you sleeping away from me, I sit there like a dummy just staring at how cute you are for a few moments before finally getting up to go about my day when you nap.
9. Spinning you around, shocking you, jumping down from a small height and all the other things that make you laugh and giggle. Remember the broom video from around 5 months old (or something)? You still laugh at that too.
10. Feeling so connected to your queues. I know when you are ready to be alone, I can tell when you want to play, I can see when you are feeling snuggly… and I love knowing. I know it won’t always be so easy to see what you want in life, but right now it is and that’s what matters. I will always appreciate the positives of the certain time in your life- there will always be so many.
I love you Coby,